£20000 - £22000 per year
Our clients mission is to create new products and technologies that improve healthcare for everyone – patients, customers, employees and shareholders. Their goal is to be the preeminent supplier of clinical-grade, blood pressure technology and related products
They are now looking to add a Technical Support Assistant to the team on a temporary basis to begin with, with the opportunity to go permanent for the right individual.
The primary duties and responsibilities of the Technical support Assistant will be to test and repair electronic medical equipment. The role includes use of automated test equipment and some manual fault finding, you should be familiar with standard test equipment, DMM, oscilloscope and soldering. Training will be given to the suitable candidate. There will be some need to assist with shipping activities and some administration work.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Responsible for test and repair of medical equipment.
- Will take service requests from international customers both by email and Telephone.
- Will assist with calibration and monitoring of test equipment.
- Will assist for monthly reconciliation of local inventory (stock count).
- Will assist with import/export requirements (customs, tariffs, codes etc) for product deliveries and repairs, ensuring that local customs requirements are met. This includes some lifting so should be physically capable of lifting up to 20Kg.
- Maintaining accurate repair records using Sage and Salesforce based software.
- Issuing invoices using Sage for shipments from the UK office.
- Provide confirmation to customers of promise delivery dates.
- Recipient of customer complaints and action follow up.
- Ad hoc tasks and assignments as may be required from time to time.
Qualification, Education and Experience Guidelines:
- Must have previous experience in a technical role
- Minimum ONC/HNC technical qualification
- Good knowledge in Word, Excel etc
- Previous experience in Sage and/or Salesforce would be an advantage.
- Key attributes: Confident, proactive, enthusiastic, ‘hands on’ operational approach, adaptability, professionalism, good communicator, good team player and positive disposition.