£45000 - £50000 per year
Paterson Recruitment is recruiting a Procurement Manager for the Central Warehouse, in Bedfordshire.
My Client is a supplier of all forms of metals and plastics to the UK manufacturing sector. They work with many production mills around the world, each specialising in particular products, to bring together a wide stock range of engineering materials for supply into the UK. They stock and move thousands of tonnes of metals and plastics every year, supplying these products through a network of Service Centres across the UK. A Procurement Manager is required for their Central Warehouse located in Bedfordshire.
As the Procurement Manager for the Central Warehouse, you will manage the company’s Central Procurement team and the stock investment they are responsible for.
You will aim to maintain a multi-million-pound central inventory of products that is both aligned to required material specifications and cost efficient, together with the strategy of driving the principle of delivering ‘the right stock in the right place at the right time’.
Through dialogue and effective liaison with personnel across the company you will develop and implement a procurement strategy for all products stocked within the Central Warehouse. Integral to the implementation of these strategies you will manage relationships across a global key supplier base, assessing performance and evaluating alternative supply routes. In developing your knowledge of the market, you will provide specialist procurement support across the company in supporting key sales negotiations and significant enquiries and business growth opportunities.
This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and passionate person to join a well-established and successful company in a key management role enhancing our materials supply chain that will challenge and reward the successful candidate.
- Have a complete understanding of the company’s business model, its Quality Management System, and how stock investment affects financial performance.
- Develop and implement a procurement strategy for all stock lines held by the Central Warehouse through close liaison with Service Centre management teams and networking.
- Oversee the creation and fulfilment of all purchase orders created by the Central Warehouse procurement team.
- Develop and implement a range of key process indicators to assess the performance of central suppliers and the effectiveness of the central stock investment.
- Establish and manage structured, effective, business relationships with all Central Warehouse suppliers lines ; ensuring effective control of strategic supply chain partnerships taking into account customer requirements.
Key Accountabilities (Cont’d)
- Develop an on-going programme that identifies, evaluates, and selects potential new/alternative suppliers across all stock lines; incorporating supply chain continuity and risk management.
- Manage the central team responsible for procurement, developing best working practices, highlighting efficiency enhancements and the skillsets required to deliver agreed strategies.
- Contribute procurement expertise in projects to establish new stock lines within the central stock profile.
- Support sales negotiations across the company by communicating relevant market information through regular updates and participation in key customer meetings.
- Support right first time quality management through a structured liaison with suppliers to ensure non-conformances are investigated through a defined process to implement an effective countermeasure programme.
The successful candidate for this challenging role with be able to demonstrate :
- Being ideally qualified with a degree in Supply Chain Management, Business or Economics; or alternative equivalent qualifications from the CIPS in Procurement or Supply Chain Management.
- Significant previous experience in a process-driven industrial procurement environment.
- Previous experience in developing, implementing and sustaining a procurement strategy and structured supplier relationship management.
- Previous experience of working within a well-defined quality management system; including comprehension of material traceability, approvals and certification processes.
- Good working applied knowledge of international logistics and importation regulations.
- A good understanding of material management principles and warehouse operations.
- Previous experience in leading and managing a team of personnel within procurement; including skills enhancement and role development.
- A Can-Do attitude to driving success, with a high level of self-motivation and flexibility, supported by a proven capability for developing and implementing solutions for supply chain opportunities.
- Results orientated with a proven capability to manage demanding timescales within a broad product range supply chain.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills with an ability to build collaborative business relationships at all levels internally and externally.
- A high level of attention to detail, as well as being highly analytical with the proven capability for delivering effective data driven decision making.