£25000 - £30000 per year
Position: PHP Web Developer
Location: Northampton, UK
Salary: Circa £30,000
Start Date: ASAP
You’ll be working for an internationally recognised company specialising in the Music Industry. They are truly passionate about their products and the direction of the company.
Due to ongoing business success & growth, they are looking for a Web Developer to join their team. This is an important position within the Marketing team, and you will be a key component in driving the development of their website and content. You will also be responsible for the quality and features of the software products which are end-user-facing. The role also includes web development duties, with maintenance and development of new areas of the websites and web tools.
The duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Design and develop a new, user-focused website as the business needs.
- Maintain of existing website and content, including the development of new features.
- Support and maintain our existing website and develop it using the latest technologies and standards.
- Responsible for the layout, visual appearance and usability of the website, ensuring brand continuity is maintained.
- Identifying areas for improvement within the development process and delivering solutions.
The ideally sought candidate will possess the following:
- Degree-qualified in a relevant subject.
- 2+ years’ commercial web development experience.
- Highly skilled in PHP Development
- Experience of developing sites in PHP, MySQL using OOP and MVC frameworks.
- Understanding of Google Analytics.
The below skills would be beneficial, however not essential:
- Agile and Scrum / Sprint development experience.
- Experience with project ownership and coordination, helping to deliver a project from concept through to delivery.
- Adobe Photoshop / Illustrator design skills.
The Person fit:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Independent and self-reliant.
- Guitar, Bass, or Musical Instrument player is preferred but not essential.