£35000.00 per year
HR and Training Officer required to support the Head of Human Resources and HR Department in providing a proactive HR and training service to all areas. The role will be split between HR circa 60% and Training circa 40%
The post-holder is expected to always act professionally and in accordance with the standards of behaviour and code of conduct outlined in the staff handbook and below. They aspire to the following standards of behaviour for the Company.
Mt Client is committed to working together to achieve the company’s aims and objectives. My Client aspires to excellence through working efficiently whilst being responsive to change, adding value where possible and using resources wisely. They collaborate to work both as individuals and as members of a team, communicating and consulting often and openly to the highest standards. They act with integrity and treat each other considerately, valuing diversity and rejecting discrimination. They operate within the appropriate laws and regulations. My client is both environmentally and socially responsible, recognising the importance of an appropriate work/life balance.
- Graduate (or equivalent)
- CIPD Level 5 qualified.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- To ensure the recruitment and selection processes comply with all regulatory requirements and the HR database accurately records pre-employment validation checks.
- To prepare contracts of employment and related documentation.
- To undertake HR casework.
- To be responsible for the administration, development and implementation of the training requirements across the company, including any Apprenticeship schemes.
- To provide guidance and advice to staff and Line Managers on HR policy and procedures including
- sickness absence, disciplinary, capability, grievance etc. to ensure positive, effective, consistent and fair treatment is applied.
- To maintain, develop and update computerised HR records system. To accurately input
- employee data onto the database and produce reports to ensure that employee records are complete and reflect pre-employment validation checks.
- To produce the Teaching interview schedules with the support of the HR Administrators.
- To undertake HR casework relating to investigations, disciplinary, capability and grievances.
- To produce the monthly starters and leavers reports for Payroll.
- To maintain labour turnover figures and produce termly reports for the Head of HR.
- To maintain reports relating to the appointment of teachers to support the preparation of the annual census information.
- To review and update job descriptions, policies/procedures and staff handbooks as required.
- To assist in the preparation of the annual salary letters
- To undertake safeguarding interviewing as required.
- To undertake benchmarking and produce information relating to pay levels and market rates as required.
- To be involved in the Equality and Inclusion Committee.
- To create, deliver and facilitate in-house training, including induction training.
- To manage the Apprenticeship schemes.
- To be responsible for the administration relating to training.
- To assist in the appointment of Mental Health First Aiders and to disseminate information, training and support to Line Managers.
- To assist in the introduction of a Wellbeing programme.
- To coach Line Managers in order for them to support their teams more effectively.
- To build relationships with external training providers and source and deliver appropriate training within budget.
- To liaise and support Line Managers to ensure that staff training needs are met and the training matrix template is updated following the PRPD process.
- To assist the Head of HR and Group Director of People with any other duties as necessary.
- To always ensure adherence to statutory Health and Safety and GDPR legislation
37.5 hours per week, 52 weeks
- The ability to work to tight deadlines while maintaining a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- To be able to build effective working relationships with both immediate colleagues and Line Managers.
- To be able to work successfully in a team or on own initiative.
- Ability to handle confidential material appropriately.
Specialist Skills & Experience
- 5 years’ relevant experience in generalist HR.
- Experience of coaching and supporting individuals.
- Ability to develop and deliver training programmes.
- Thorough knowledge of employment legislation.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent IT skills including word, excel, mail merge, database.