£11.51 per hour
Our Oxford based client are looking to recruit 6 Gardeners / Ground Maintenance Drivers to start as soon as possible and work in an ongoing temporary assignment until the end of September.
To apply for this role, it is essential that you have a full & clean UK driving licence and a current & valid DBS Certificate.
You will be required to carry out all aspects of garden maintenance in keeping with good horticultural practice and work as part of a team to ensure the effective running of a 'Garden Scheme'. In order to do so, the main responsibilities and main duties are as follows:
- Be able to use and maintain a full range of horticultural equipment
- Provide a customer focused service to tenants on a 'garden scheme'
- Provide a high standard of work for the benefit of customers
- Drive company vehicles as required - at all times adhering to the companies Drivers handbook
- Complete all paperwork relating to jobs accurately and in a timely manner
- Carry out other general unskilled duties in direct services as necessary
- Ensure compliance with the Health & Safety policy and the Health and Safety at work (1974) Act
- Undertake any other responsibilities that may be required by the Operational Officer and Head of Services
*The duties and responsibilities set out in this role profile are indicative of the role. They are however, subject to change and you will be required from time to time to undertake other duties commensurate with the pay grade*
37 hours per week, 5 days per week with weekends on a rota. 0700 start -1600 finish (flexibility required).
Although not guaranteed, there is the potential for this role to extend passed the end of September.
Essential criteria in applicants:
- DBS Certificate
- Full clean valid UK Driving licence
- Must be over the age of 21 years (for insurance purposes only)
- Experience of producing a continuous high quality level of work in a Horticultural environment
- Experience of working in a customer focused environment
- Horticultural experience and the use of horticultural machinery
- Good level of physical fitness to be able to undertake the manual duties of this role
- The ability to work as part of a team and the ability to work on your own initiative
- Being both literate and numerate to understand work programmes, follow instructions and fill out risk assessment
- Flexibility with start and finish times as workloads require
- A flexible attitude to work
- A formal horticultural qualification
- Knowledge of Health & Safety at work
£11.51 per hour (paid weekly).