£10.83 per hour
Paterson Recruitment are recruiting Finance and Contracts Assistant to work for our client in Cheltenham.
- Responsible for recoding of incoming supplier invoice to ensure they are allocated to the correct contract and account codes.
- Responsible for collating, analysing and posting monthly credit card statements and ensuring that the submissions from employees are complete, compliant for VAT purposes and timely.
- Responsible for Office of National Statistics submissions with support from colleagues and other departments as appropriate.
- Responsible for setting up Budget Setting, Budget Monitoring and Contract meetings.
- Responsible for minute taking in contract meetings.
- Proactively working with suppliers to ensure that stock levels are maintained for stock including PPE.
- Responsible for ensuring supplier portals are maintained, including, as example, checking that correct pricing structures have been applied by suppliers and that access levels are up-to-date.
- Responsible for producing and distributing supplier reports in a timely manner.
- Work with the rest of the Finance and Contracts team to assist with ad-hoc admin tasks.
All employees of Our Client are also expected to:
- Work to add value to, and be a valued member of, the team and to be valued by customers.
- Comply with the organisation’s health and safety policies and safe systems of working.
- Work in compliance with the codes of conduct, regulations (including financial) and policies of the organisation.
- Exercise proper and absolute integrity in respect of all confidential matters and the confidentiality of personal and sensitive information in line with current data protection legislation.
Knowledge and experience
- Proven experience in a financial environment / similar or related role
- Experience of using a finance system and Excel.
Skills and abilities
- Ability to record and deal with data accurately and effectively
- Good interpersonal skills; works together with employees, colleagues and other stakeholders to resolve problems, obtain information and make things happen!
- Is customer focussed, responsive, and co-operative with partners
- Good organisational skills.
- Ability to use initiative and work with minimum supervision; proactive and self-motivated
- Happy to do ad-hoc, administrative and process improvement tasks.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in accordance with Data Protection