£28000 - £35000 per year On call allowance £1,200, annual bonus
Our well established local client are looking for a deputy branch manager to join their close knit family run team.
This is a role which would suit someone with experience in recruitment and the educational sector, and with experience of taking the initiative to assist the branch manager with fulfilling all business needs on a day to day basis to develop the business further.
It is an exciting role, which boasts many benefits and could be the perfect career for someone looking for an exciting, full time role.
Main duties are;
- Responding to emergency, short and long-term requests from schools.
- Deploying the most suitable staff available
- Completing all associated administration involved in the deployment of supply staff to a high standard
- To aassist the Branch Manager with the recruitment of supply teachers (and teaching assistants) to ensure that there are sufficient supply staff of a high quality to meet demand at all times.
- Initial telephone screening
- Interviewing on a face to face basis
- Pre & post-interview vetting
- Attendance at recruitment fairs, universities, local job fairs
- Business development
- Maintain excellent relationships with school management teams and supply staff through providing excellent Customer Care at all times.
- Contacting supply staff on a weekly basis to confirm availability
- Providing support to our supply staff and our schools
- Obtain and share feedback with supply staff
- Attend local INSET days and CPD evenings organised by the Branch Manager and the Managing Director for our supply staff.
- To assist with office administration as required to facilitate the effective running of the business.
- Answering the telephone and dealing with enquiries
- Maintaining up-to-date database records on all teachers and schools
- Paperwork and computer enquiries for the speedy vetting, registration and processing of all teachers, including applying for references, chasing outstanding paperwork, applying for and monitoring the progress of DBS checks (police checks), monitoring teachers safeguarding training records
- Entering bookings on database and recording on availability sheets
- Sending assignment confirmations to schools and teachers
- Arranging interviews
Ideal candidate skills;
- Experience of working at a similar level.
- The ability to communicate effectively, in a professional and confident manner with client schools and supply staff.
- An excellent telephone manner
- Strong admin skills.
- Attention to detail with the ability to work accurately.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Good level of computer literacy.
- Able to analyse information and make informed decisions.
- Be prepared to take responsibility in the placement of teachers/TA’s to schools.
- Prioritise, use initiative & work to set deadlines.
- Manage multiple tasks effectively in a busy environment.
- Confidence when working under pressure.
- Prepared to work both on your own and as a member of a team in a small open plan office environment.
- Influencing and negotiating skills.
- Drive, enthusiasm, ability to rise to a challenge and the determination to achieve success.
- Good personal manner and enjoy working with people.
- Quick thinking and effective from the moment you enter the office.
- There is an element of visiting schools therefore the need to hold a driving licence and have regular access to a car is essential
- On call service is on a rota basis and some evenings and weekends you will need to be available to provide telephone cover until 9pm
Hours of work and additional info;
- The position is full time, 52 weeks a year / all year round and a permanent role.
- The position is full time, all year round, based on a 40 hour week from Monday to Friday; 8 hours per day with an hour for lunch. During school holidays (according to the academic year as set by Oxfordshire County Council) the hours are reduced to a 35 hour week.
- School Term Time Hours
- Early Shift – 07:00-16:00
- Late Shift – 08:00-17:00
- The person appointed will be expected to take a share in the ‘early’ and ‘late’ shifts e.g. one week of working early shifts followed by one week of working late shifts.
- School Holiday (Non Term Time) Hours - 09:00 to 16:00
- Basic Salary is dependent on experience, ranging from £28k - £35k per annum
Additional Benefits include;
- On call allowance of £1,200 per annum
- Annual Bonus
- Work place pension
- Private Healthcare
- Free onsite parking