£25500.00 per year
Chef required to work in a private school Kitchen . This position would suit a senior Commis Chef or Chef de Partie
- To prepare and cook high quality dishes as required by the School including out of term events such as conferences, weddings and school banquets.
- To monitor food levels during various service periods.
- To give direction to other members of the team and supervise in the absence of the Head Chef or Sous Chefs.
- To ensure that all aspects of the Food Safety Act are met and report any concerns to the Head Chef.
- To liaise with, and work along members of the Food Service Team.
- To ensure the Food Service Team are aware of food allergens at the various service times.
- To maintain the required standards of personal hygiene and tidiness within the kitchen areas.
- To place food orders as required.
- To ensure, when necessary, that all products are checked on delivery and stored in the appropriate areas.
- To use the School’s electronic database to gain information regarding school events, and producing food as required for the various events.
- To adhere to Health & Safety legislation, reporting incidents to the Head Chef.
- To maintain departmental standards of tidiness and cleanliness.
- To offer guidance and training to junior members of the kitchen brigade.
- To work as a team player to ensure all departmental requirements are met in full.
Hours of Work – An average of 40 hours per week, 52 weeks per year. (My Client will take two Part-time people to cover shifts, or one fulltime person).
Working a shift pattern with alternate weekends off. An example of the shift patterns are as follows:
Early Shift: 6.00am – 2.00pm
Late Shift: 11.30am – 7.30pm
Split Shift: 6.00am–2.00pm/4.00pm-7.30pm (limited shift)
A degree of flexibility with working hours will be required at busy times. The rota pattern will be discussed at interview.