£10 - £12 per hour
The role of Chef is based in a Category D prison in Grendon Underwood.
As Chef and part of the catering team you will play a vital role in helping offenders to prepare and cook meals in a rewarding, team environment.
It is a great chance to put catering qualifications into real-life practice and have an impact far beyond the kitchen.
Your food will sustain a prison and your work with offenders will help to make a positive contribution towards their rehabilitation.
- Level 2 certificate in Food Production within Hospitality and Catering or equivalent
- Food Hygiene Certificate Level 2
- Vocational Qualification at Level 3 or be willing to work towards gaining this qualification within an agreed timescale
In Addition you must be:
- familiar with all current health, safety and hygiene related regulations for working in a kitchen;
- able to demonstrate competency within an industrial kitchen environment; and
- able to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence through the medium of English or (where specified in Wales) Welsh.
As Chef you will work 2 to 3 days per week from 7am until 6pm each day
You will need to have your own transport.
For more information and to arrange a visit to the site please get in touch ASAP