£9.37 - £11.98 per hour
Our Oxford based client urgently requires an Administrative Officer for a 4-6 week temporary assignment.
MAIN PURPOSE(S) OF THE JOB:
To enable the directorate to deliver integrated, customer focused services by:
- Working co-operatively, as part of a team to provide efficient and effective secretarial and administrative support to directorate teams who may not work from one office;
- Proactively liaising with colleagues to provide constant and consistent services, streamline practices, provide cross-service cover and help prevent excessive workload peaks.
- Develop knowledge, skills and expertise in at least one designated service area(s) which will be the main focus of your service delivery
This post holder is responsible for ensuring that all County Safeguarding and Child/ Vulnerable Adult Protection policies are adhered to and concerns are raised in accordance with these policies
Office and team support
- Act as a first point of contact for the service, including general enquiries and reception; answer enquiries including some of a complex nature; redirect more complex enquiries appropriately
- Process and respond promptly to incoming communications (post, telephone, fax, email, face to face), accurate message taking, copying and distributing information as necessary
- Produce a range of documents including letters/emails and presentations to a good standard by the required deadline
- Collect, process and input data into the information management/ filing systems and databases (e.g. Framework-I, One, Swift, SAP) ensuring accuracy, confidentiality and security of data and compliance with statutory requirements.
- Co-ordinate diary management to ensure information is accurate and up to date at all times.
- Organise and minute meetings for individuals or groups ensuring that appointments are realistically planned with regard to timing and venue; venue, catering and resources are booked appropriately; and preparing materials to support the event
- Maintain record-keeping systems for recording and monitoring service processes and provide regular summary reports to Operational Staff and Managers to ensure that relevant updates and reviews take place in a timely fashion
- Develop and maintain up to date information about the service including on the intranet, internet, stationery and internal and external publications
- Undertake general clerical and administrative tasks to support the service as required (e.g. post processes, photocopying, scanning)
- Process financial tasks within the team including e-procurement, receipting of goods
- Research and provide budgetary and statistical information using available systems
- Administer grants, payments and transactions (e.g. employee claim forms, travel warrants)
Teamwork: Be an effective team member by
- Supporting the recruitment, induction, supervision and learning of others as required
- Providing cover for colleagues during periods of annual leave and absence from the office
- Applying your knowledge and feedback from others to contribute to service improvement ‘
- Attending and participating in meetings as required to support the needs of the service including taking a lead role as ‘champion’ for a service process, system or development area
- Undertaking such other duties as may reasonably be required of you commensurate with your grade and as required to support the business including maintaining business continuity and during civil emergencies.
- Comply with individual responsibilities for health and safety in the workplace including taking action to reduce the risk to self and others and contributing to the maintenance of a health and safe working environment
- Maintain a secure, accessible and fit for purpose work area
- Ensure that all duties and services are provided in accordance with the standards, policies and procedures
- Understand the core business of the office/directorate and contribute to its development
- Develop the necessary skills and knowledge to be flexible in support of the development of the Directorate and the wider organisation
You will be required to work Monday to Friday, 0830-1700 but the nature of this post will require flexibility to meet urgent work needs as they arise. This may entail some work outside normal office hours.
£9.37-£11.98 per hour (depending on experience).