- Location:Oxford, Oxfordshire
- Salary:£16.68 to £16.69 per Hour
- Job Reference:PAT1803211
Our client located in central oxford is recruiting for a Programme Manager.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to);
- Responsible for project management of Executive Degrees, from pre-arrival timetabling and programme set-up of each module (e.g. curriculum and timetable planning, programme App, Website and WebLearn, in-house catering, College Dinners, other external dining, distributing course materials to students, space planning and room booking, organising extra-curricular activity, creating diverse study groups, allocating academic supervisors) Induction through programme delivery and assessment (in coordination with the Examination Services Administrators) to programme completion. This includes all logistical arrangements for: Elective Modules; working closely with the Academic Planning Manager and the choices to be offered, through to negotiating scheduling with c20 Faculty members for three courses to be delivered in each elective. Also responsible for: proposing VIP/CIP external speakers to Programme Directors and leading on the speakers logistical arrangements to ensure seamless customer service and organising 260 individual Coaching sessions between 16 Coaches. For overseas modules: leading and directing the external travel suppliers before and during module delivery, advising students and faculty. The post-holder will be proficient in the use of University systems such as KX, Qualtrics, WebLearn and Oracle. Overall, deliver an efficient, effective, coordinated service that supports the student journey, meets quality assurance standards and meets the evolving needs of the School.
- Responsible for the event management of Welcome (faux Matriculation) and End of Course (Degree awarding) Ceremonies for each cohort. Planning and organising all resources required including directing the work of internal staff and external contractors and suppliers.
- Promote the Executive Degree programmes to a wide range of audiences including current students and stakeholders, particularly during module lunches, dinners and overseas modules. Work closely with other senior officers drawing on the strengths of the Executive Degree Programmes team, to develop proposals for new programmes and enhancements to existing programmes, using innovation and knowledge with an emphasis on design elements.
- Communicate effectively with students through: formal presentations e.g. induction sessions; act as the first point of contact for all student queries; conduct Course Rep meetings; use initiative and the application of specialist know-how to act upon feedback and provide guidance or solutions to problems and communicate outcomes to all students. Apply specialist and comprehensive knowledge in order to advise students on university policies, processes, and procedures.
- Build and maintain excellent, collaborative working relationships with the students, student representatives, Programme Directors, Faculty and all other stakeholders, internally and externally. Create networks of useful contacts and mutually beneficial exchange of information.
- Work with Senior Programme Managers on gathering and analysing data for forecasting, monitoring and quarterly reviews of programme budgets. Implement procurement processes when contracting with external suppliers within the UK and overseas, to ensure best value. Raise Purchase Orders and process invoices using the University Financial Oracle system. Monitor and keep a record of all expenditure and support the Senior Programme Manager in managing expenditure.
- Successful experience of project or event management in a higher education or professional environment, with the ability to work to tight and frequently changing priorities and deadlines, without compromising quality.
- Superior customer service skills and professional manner. Demonstrable experience of working effectively and authoritatively with clients or customers, cross-culturally, to ensure satisfaction and resolution of concerns, in a calm and effective manner.
- Demonstrable experience of managing budgets.
- Demonstrable experience of working collaboratively with colleagues in your own and other teams to achieve agreed objectives.
- Able to demonstrate innovative thinking or high level of problem solving in a work environment.
- Able to demonstrate excellent IT and communication skills both in writing, orally and in person.
- Able to interface and communicate confidently and effectively with senior executive level course participants from diverse global industry backgrounds.
- Willing and able to travel internationally in support of programme delivery and to work flexible hours (to include occasional weekends and evenings).
To register your interest in this position, call us on 01235 535858 or use the form below.