- Location:Wantage, Oxfordshire
- Salary:£18000 to £20000 per Annum
- Job Reference:PAT1802853
- Closing Date:14/05/2018
Reporting to the Production Manager you will be responsible for the administrative functions and processes within the production department.
You will be responsible for:
- Production procurement and stock control.
- Dealing with all incoming deliveries and outgoing shipments.
- Maintaining processes and records relevant to the production department.
- Ensuring quality of information related to stock control, job scheduling, and quality systems.
- Assisting with planning of production activities and supplier management.
- Implementation of production processes and process performance monitoring.
- Regular monitoring of the department and reporting to Production Manager.
General office administration tasks as required
Requirements of the role:
You must have:
- Previous experience of working in an office environment in a small company.
- An aptitude for using electronic resource planning (ERP) systems and excellent skills with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience of working with multiple suppliers, utilising strong communication and negotiation skills.
- The ability to work within a team and form strong cross functional relationships with other departments in the company.
- The ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Strong planning, prioritising, and organisation skills.
- A good understanding of a typical procurement process.
- Experience of working within the constraints of a company with reporting disciplines.
- A proactive “hands on” approach.
In addition you will demonstrate attention to detail, with the confidence to use your own initiative together with common sense to solve day-to-day issues. Experience of production/distribution within a similar role would be an advantage, a strong administrative background is essential.