- Salary:£33,000 to £35,000 per Annum
- Job Reference:PAT1803212
Our client based in central Oxford is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and motivated Property and Environment Manager.
- Provide a Technical Lead and Advice for property and environment Managers – ensuring a consistent approach service delivery and reporting.
- Manage the educational facility taking a lead responsibility for the operation and development of the site and facilities – leading and liaising with all stakeholders to ensure that the environment is safe, stimulating, and compliant, and meets users’ requirements.
- Deliver a fully serviced and supported environment which optimises internal and external supply chains to meet agreed service standards.
- Champion, support, advise and enforce operating policy and best practice standards of use and occupation with all the facilities users.
- Manage and lead a local Property and Environment team in the delivery of customer focused, efficient, and statutorily compliant FM service delivery to internal and external clients
- Act as a senior person with oversight and responsibility for daily operational activity of the educational facility
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide a Technical Lead and Advice for all property and environment managers – ensuring a consistent approach to service delivery and reporting.
- Become the lead for all reports and policies.
- Build effective and productive links with all stakeholders. Lead involvement of faculty and group services teams in the smooth operation of the company and its events.
- Represent the company on stakeholder interest groups.
- Contribute to timetabling and ensure effective and efficient use is made of the facility.
- Create and enforce a safe, stimulating and business-like environment for all at the facility.
- Lead operational planning, quality systems and processes to inform budgeting, and to respond to data-requests.
- Ensure professional standards are high and maintained across the site.
- Lead and manage a team of Site Standards and Maintenance Officers and administrator, developing shift patterns and administering workloads, ensuring a timely
and customer focused response to completing repairs, requests for assistance, responding to security issues and manage duty manager cover locally.
- Manage contracts for repair and maintenance works and small capital and improvement projects, on time, in budget, and in line with the facilities statutory guidelines.
- Monitor and manage a delegated budget.
- Undertake other relevant delegated responsibilities consistent with your role.
- Manage local delivery of outsourced FM contracts and services.
- Implement arrangements for the regulation, control and monitoring of on-site parking for your area and organise security ID badges (as appropriate) CCTV and
- Promote and coordinate operations to optimise space efficiency, maintenance costs, and third party income.
- Comprehensively manage all the sites facilities management activity including catering, cleaning, energy, transport, health and safety, mechanical and electrical
services, move management and statutory compliance.
- Lead the planning, procurement and implementation of repairs, maintenance and site projects. Providing the lead coordination role for multi-disciplinary planned
maintenance, servicing and project implementation (from inception to completion).
- Develop good working relationships and interaction with colleagues to ensure service standards are achieved, taking responsibility to ensure that activities and events are successfully coordinated and delivered.
- Coach team to achieve individual and team performance.
- Manage self and team development required to deliver a high standard/customer focused service.
Compliance and quality management
- Achievement of quality and financial targets.
- User satisfaction with the facilities environments and learning experience.
- Planning and delivery of the sites operational targets, Faculty and Group Service requirements.
- Advising on and ensuring statutory and legislative compliance (Facilities Management).
- Management, monitoring and delivery of Group service standards.
- To always work and act in accordance with the group’s Vision, Values and Strategic Plan
- To demonstrate professional behaviour and appearance at all times
- To be responsible for ensuring that the activities under your control are conducted in accordance with the safeguarding and health and safety requirements of the companies policies and procedures
- To safeguard the welfare of children, young persons and other vulnerable people for whom you come into contact with in the workplace
- To be accountable for own safety and that of colleagues/ visitors to the workplace
- To work in a flexible manner and be willing to undertake other duties as reasonably requested
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Highly literate and numerate
- Strong personal organisation skills
- Accurate and attentive to detail
- Effective at forming relationships and productive partnerships
- Credible with teams and possesses the gravitas needed for partnership building
- Significant experience of delivering successful Facilities Management and Project Management in a complex customer focused environment.
- Member of BIFM or equivalent professional body
- A relevant and up to date Health & Safety qualification or proven relevant experience
- Experience of managing FM and PM in the education sector (desirable)
- Achievement focus
- Analysis and decision making skills
- Business perspective
- Change, creativity and inspiration
- Planning and organising
- Good project management skills
- Good influencer and negotiator, aligning different teams to share a common aim or purpose