- Location:Abingdon, Oxfordshire
- Salary:£30000 per Annum
- Job Reference:PAT1802926
- Closing Date:22/06/2018
Our world renowned client is seeking an Assistant Accountant, to work in Abingdon who has a thorough knowledge of financial accounts up to management accounts level. Working within a small team this is a great opportunity for someone who thrives on taking ownership and responsibility whilst adhering fully to deadlines and procedures.
The Assistant Accountant is responsible for dealing with all day to day aspects of the finance function as well as the preparation of month end accounts.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include:
- Accounts preparation, within agreed internal deadlines, to Trial Balance / Monthly Management Accounts level
- Perform monthly balance sheet reconciliations in an accurate and timely manner
- All accounts payable tasks, accounts receivable tasks
- Credit control
- Preparation of VAT Returns
- Preparation of Payroll
- Provide support and assistance with year-end statutory accounts
- Providing assistance during audits – internal and external
- Maintain accurate financial records at all times
- General office support
The ideal candidate will be minimum AAT qualified or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of working in an accounts office
- Must be a self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision in an isolated environment.
- Monday – Friday
- 9.00am – 5.00pm
- 25 days holiday
- Life assurance