Job Title: Warehouse Operative
We have an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking for temp to perm job! Our client is based near Aylesbury and is currently looking for a Warehouse Operative.
To receive goods in and distribute goods out whilst maintaining accurate control of stock movement records.
- Loading and unloading delivery vehicles, by hand or with a forklift truck.
- Checking for damaged or missing items and then sorting stock for storage in the warehouse.
- Taking goods to the appropriate storage space using MHE for heavy items
- Keeping a careful record of the stock on the warehouse management system, so that it can be located quickly.
- Operating a forklift truck to move and rearrange stock and ensure that products are stored safely and labelled correctly
- Picking orders using a hand-held scanner from the storage space and bringing them for packing, or to the loading bay for transportation.
- Organising and loading goods on to delivery vehicles.
- To accurately pick kit issue as per the request sheets, ensuring an accuracy level of 99.5%
- To issue recyclable materials to be used alongside virgin material wherever possible
- To ensure that all stock movements are documented
- To prepare packaging requirements in line with the production schedule ready for Production to start
- To monitor the use of packaging on the Production floor, issuing replacement packaging when the Production Support Operative runs low
- Ensure all pick locations are maintained and labelled clearly, reporting any issues to the Warehouse Manager
- Count and record stock as requested for stock taking
- To be aware of and comply with all requirements of the Health and Safety policy and procedure including wearing Personal Protective Equipment (P.P.E)
- To ensure that the warehouse and site is kept clean, tidy and in safe condition at all times
- To be aware and conform to all mechanical handling equipment procedures at all times
- To ensure that all Mechanical Handling Equipment (MHE) defects and/or damages are reported immediately
- Be aware of and comply with all fire safety procedures, including maintaining clear fire exits and escape routes
- To work with all team members to ensure that all company goals are consistently achieved and maintained
- To maintain a professional and polite attitude at all times
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Previous warehousing experience
- Full UK driving license
- Possess FLT truck license, Bendi and/or Counterbalance
- Previous experience of working with plastic materials
- Recognised warehousing qualification equivalent to NVQ Warehousing and Storage Level 2
- Experience of working with Efacs and Microsoft Office
- Strong organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise effectively
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Basic knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to build effective team relationships
- Be able to make logical decisions when under pressure
Hours: Monday - Thursday 08:00-17:00
Salary: £10.35 per hour
Benefits: Temp to Perm
Location: Near Aylesbury
If interested in this position, please apply directly or call Beata on 0101869 321322 for more information.