Paterson Recruitment are recruiting a telephone sales person on behalf of our Bicester Client. Part time positions are also available.
Pro rata salary for £22500 plus commission after 3 months, The On-Target Earnings for a full-time member of the team would be £35k per annum.
Hours of working: 9.30pm to 2.30pm
As a Sales person you will be responsible for maintaining and developing their own customer portfolio, with a strong focus on account management, building client relationships, following up on quotes and leads and being a key component in driving growth for the company.
You will be reporting directly to the Business Development Manager.
- Deliver against cold calling targets to ensure maximum opportunity to secure new clients and revenue.
- Define daily call plan for existing clients.
- Identify new lead generation opportunities.
- Monitor market trends to ensure we are focused on the sectors that can deliver the highest growth, ensuring competitive positioning of our products and product development is relevant to the revenue opportunities.
- Build relationships with key accounts, grow our share of their spend and to ensure we are always front of mind.
- You will be responsible for handling inbound & outbound customer interaction by telephone and email professionally to ensure we deliver exceptional customer service to our clients.
- Ownership of final resolution of all customer queries.
- This position will be directly responsible for compiling quotations in a timely and efficient manner, in line with targeted operating margins and lead the day-to-day quotation management.
- Interpret customer requirements, match products to customer specifications and drawings.
- Ensure quote is technically compatible by:
- using technical knowledge to prepare quotation packages based on the product content and material type.
- communicating with other departments and staff to determine and clarify project requirements.
- Liaising closely with the Business Development Manager, providing details of all client engagements and quotes provided.
- Assess opportunities to maximize price where non-standard products are requested by existing and new customers.
- Collaborate with supply chain and production to make best use of slow-moving stock where applicable.
- Liaise with clients to gain quotation feedback for orders received, lost and pending.
- Investigate and report on material and/or labour cost variances when comparing quotes to final costings, liaising closely with the production team and finance.
- Communicate acceptance of quotes timeously to production and procurement to ensure costs remain within the quotes and expected lead times can be delivered.
- Produce in conjunction with Finance a weekly/monthly report on quotes issued, orders received per sales with comments as to why quotes accepted/rejected and review with Senior Management.
- Ensure that once a PO is received, it is effectively and efficiently processed through internal ERP system, production launched and forecast completion defined and managed.
- Regularity update customers on forecast lead times and progress.
- Ensure finished goods are dispatched in line with Purchase Order.
- Confirm proof of delivery with client.
- Ensure accounts receive confirmation of goods received for invoicing.
- Provide professional customer service and communication with internal customers - production control, procurement, R & D, finance and production teams.
- Produce weekly marketing shots for social media based on installations completed, new products created etc
- You will be required to demonstrate an exceptional attention to detail - all communication
- both internally and externally must be concise, correct and containing all relevant/required information.
- Contribute knowledge and understanding of best practices for technical Customer Support to other members of the team.
- Work collaboratively with all teams to improve processes, systems and outputs to improve quality, efficiency, optimise profitability and maximise client satisfaction.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- You will have had considerable experience within a busy technical customer sales/service team, ideally 3+ years.
- Previous use of a sales order processing system; SAP Business One an advantage.
- Able to juggle several projects and activities, with meticulous organisation skills and ability to prioritise to deliver results.
- Team player that can help motivate and inspire work colleagues to deliver the same standards and instil a desire to achieve the company standards
- Your career to date must be underpinned by a passionate drive for quality both in terms of how you communicate with customers and in resolving their technical issues.
- Minimum of GCSE Grade C and above – English and Maths essential.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office professional applications (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint etc.) Training will be provided on internal ERP system.
- A high standard of literacy and numeracy.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential – both written and verbal.
- Dynamic, initiative, enthusiastic, positive attitude, adaptable, and open-minded.
- Implement and maintain company policies as and when required.
- Always ensure the security and confidentiality of company and customer information.
- Always promote the image and business of the company.
- Undertake any other duties which assist the team.
- General office administration duties, such as producing correspondence, filing and photocopying and maintaining accurate filing systems.
Contact Claire Gledhill at Paterson Recruitment Bicester Branch.