Paterson Recruitment are recruiting a temporary Site Maintenance Manager for a School in Bicester.
Maintenance Manager Job Purpose:
To assist and support the Head Teacher and teaching staff in providing high standards of teaching and learning across the curriculum and to promote the school’s vision and ethos.
Maintenance Manager Key responsibilities:
- To ensure that the ongoing and future needs of the academy are met in terms of site, property, assets, facilities and Health and Safety.
- To ensure that the school premises are cleaned to the approved specification
- To take overall responsibility for school security and day-to-day maintenance issues.
- Day-to-day management of the site, ensuring that staff, pupils and visitors are safe and secure at all times.
- To liaise and maintain relationships with suppliers, contractors and hirers of the school and deal with any problems as they arise.
- Supervision and monitoring of contractors, ensuring that contracts are carried out in accordance with specifications and liaising whilst contractors are on site.
- Ensure compliance with statutory and best-practice health and safety legislation and requirements.
- Management of the site team, ensuring adequate cover in the event of holiday or sickness absence.
- Carrying out performance management and ensuring that staff receive appropriate and adequate training.
- Ensuring effective and efficient deployment of staff.
- Maintenance of accurate records, information and data.
- Provision of reports, analysis of data and information.
- Working constructively as part of a team, understanding academy roles, responsibilities and fully participating in the life of the academy.
- Attendance at meetings.
- Member of the academy’s Critical Incident and Emergency Team.
- Be responsible for ensuring routine and emergency opening and closing of school premises and grounds. Where possible, ensure access in the event of snow, flooding or other emergency situations.
- Driving the school vehicles when directed for maintenance purposes and school trips and visits
Salary Equivalent: £27,000 (up to max of £29,000)
Hours: Full time (37 hours a week) 52 weeks per year
For more information please send your CV to Claire Gledhill at Paterson Recruitment Bicester Branch.