Paterson Recruitment are hiring a Head Chef for our client in Oxford. You will be joining a friendly team within a hotel with a live in option.
Your role as Head Chef:
- Maximising the productivity of the kitchen staff through effective management and delegation.
- Managing and communicating well with your sous chef and senior pizza chefs to ensure the highest standards continue throughout the kitchen, particularly in your absence during days off or holidays.
- Having significant involvement during management meetings and the continuing development of the Pizza, Pots and Pints concept.
- Setting a very high bar through example for impeccable personal hygiene, high work and safety standards including food hygiene and due diligence procedures.
- Responsibly taking control of situations or problems that may arise at any moment and calmly resolve the issue.
- Managing underperforming staff members as well as providing incentives for staff members to go above and beyond the expectations of their particular chef roles.
- Productively and pro-actively train and mentor junior chefs by drawing as much intrigue and passion from them as you can and pushing them to constantly improve.
- Outside of the kitchen, take responsibility for and effectively delegate the kitchen diligence procedures including; HACCP; COSHH; food wastage and staff rotas.
What we are looking for:
- Currently a Head Chef looking for a new exciting challenge or Sous Chef ready to take the next step.
- Consistency in driving the standards up by demanding exceptional results throughout the kitchen operation.
- A creative individual who contributes to the overall operation of the business by offering ideas and ways to effectively improve areas of the kitchen.
- Proven management capabilities and consistently kept high food and food hygiene standards, shown you can get the best out of the team.
- Effectively trained junior team members and maintained high attention to due diligence procedures.
- A committed and passionate attitude to the role, always looking to improve and have a positive response to feedback.
- Shown consistently high working standards including attention to detail, organisation, reliability, team work and pro-activity
- Salary £30k plus accommodation if required
- 28 days holiday
- Retail discounts
- Fun culture and great work life balance
If you are chef looking for a new challenge, we would love to hear from you. To apply, please submit your CV or call Claire on 01869 321322 for more information.